Wednesday, November 27, 2019

One last trip

One more trip.  Just one more and this time we get to bring them home.

I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.  I know God's got this but I've never traveled with one of your children.  This time Gavin will got with me and Jode will stay home.

Gavin is our nine year old who is the size of a medium adult. That's what size clothing he wears.  His feet are bigger than mine.  He's strong and kind and loves to play with his little siblings, especially Leza and Nico.  It will be adorable to watch him and his new siblings bond while in country.  Especially Hunter who, although he is four, is about the size of an 18-24 month child.  Gavin is going to carry Hunter in an Ergo during our travels. 



In our family we have a tradition of not putting a child down, like in a stroller or carrier, until they have been home for at least five months, thus the Ergo and not a stroller.  Although we do get down in the floor with them to play, and we encourage them to play a lot, we do not leave them alone.  We find that this helps with security, building trust and therefore bonding.  I've done this with pretty much every child. Gavin's going to help me do it this time.  I'm good, but carrying two at once is not my forte!  =)  Besides, Hunter is pretty excited to have a big брат (pronounced brat and means brother) and been expressing that since he first saw Gavin's picture. I'm so excited to see their relationship unfold!

We leave Dec 4th in the evening. Please pray us through on this one last trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

One last trip

One more trip.  Just one more and this time we get to bring them home. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.  I know God's...