Monday, July 22, 2019

Being Still Isn't Always Easy

It's not always easy to "Be still and know . . . ", but at times that's what God asks us to do. It's a matter trust.  So when my Facebook account got hacked and then "temporarily locked" (it's still locked) right after my last post about our matching grant, I reminded myself that God's got this.  So far I'm doing okay.  I guess because this is not our first international adoption, and we've been through this before, we've learned to trust God and His timing.  It's not always how we would do it, but He's never late.  So here we sit, not able to advocate for ourselves through social media. 

I find it most difficult to sit still because I don't want anyone to think that I'm not doing my part to raise the funds we need to adopt our children.  It's a hard one because it contradicts everything that this world tell us to do.  However, that not how God works, is it.

He says He uses the foolish things of this world to confound the wise.  Things like, give and it will be given unto you, and bless those who curse you.  That goes against the worlds thinking doesn't it.  I know from experience that His ways are higher than mine and if He says it, He will make it happen.  

So here I sit, trusting that He is faithful and is able to do exceedingly more than I can think or ask. 

Thank you, Lord! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

One last trip

One more trip.  Just one more and this time we get to bring them home. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.  I know God's...