Friday, October 21, 2016

Financial Transparency and Update

First Meeting 


Financial Transparency

Because so many of you are contributing to this adoption, I wanted to be as transparent as I can be with our expenses.

Spent so far
Kisses 
To date we have spent $7335 toward this adoption and still need to raise approximately $32,000. (details below) Part of that was costs for the first trip/Match Trip, which cost a total of $3435.  This included the airline ticket, visa, immunizations, lodging, in-country travel and food. Thank you to all those that contributed! My trip was amazing and the children are absolutely precious!

What's needed
We currently have an invoice from the agency for $12,900 which includes the Step One and Step Two payments and half of the Additional Child/Sibling Cost.  Of that $12,900 we have paid $1000.  The remainder needs to be paid as soon as possible.  To raise this money we will continue our fund raisers and grant applications.  Donations are always accepted and appreciated. 


Beach day
Next Steps
Our next steps will include filing the I600a with USCIS which gives us the approval to adopt internationally.  That cost will be $815.   And, we will begin building our dossier.  





Update

 

As you can see from the pictures above, the children are very sad about my having to leave, so was I. Hunter cried every time I put him down and in these pictures, which I received yesterday, you can see the big crocodile tears running down his cheeks.  It's hard to see.  I miss them so much it makes my heart ache.  I pray for their peace and joy throughout this process and that mountains are MOVED! on their behalf to bring them home ASAP! 

Thank you again for helping pray them home, for encouraging us and contributing to this amazing journey!

With Many Blessing!
Kelley



Fee Schedule (for one child)


Application Fee $350
Step One Payment $5,025
Step Two Payment $5,375
Step Three Payment $5,375
Step Four Payment $5,375
Additional Child – Sibling Cost (full biological) $5000

Additional Expenses

Home Study - $650
I‐600a Filing $720 + $85 per adult 
Child Sponsorship $100 a month per child (on going costs until we bring the children home)
Airline Tickets per person - $1,400 ‐ $2,500 per ticket (1st trip purchased at $1400)
In Country Travel Costs $243 a day (food, lodging, transportation)
Visa (Passport previosuly purchased) $160 per adult 
Immunizations - $350
Visa and passport costs for children  - $320 approx
Medical exam for children - $250 approx
Post Placement Reports - $900



No comments:

Post a Comment

One last trip

One more trip.  Just one more and this time we get to bring them home. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.  I know God's...